Quick Backstory: I've got friends who are starting their own brewery and in order to do this need to up their production lines. Because of this, they are going to sell mini-kegs of their product at cost to friends in order to get feedback on recipes and such. When I was helping them brew a week ago I brought up the idea that 1) I'd love to help but don't currently have anything that would dispense the keg (a tap + C02 + small Refridgerator) and that 2) I've always wanted to build an arcade cabinet. Then I got the evil idea to combine the two.
This of course raises a couple of quick questions that are about the cabinet itself since I've got the beer-guys to help with the keg-related parts. I've been browsing this site and it's associated forums in order to get a basic idea of what would be needed, but now I'm just severely confused. I've got a couple of quick questions:
1) Is the Cabinet recommended in the "How to build your own Arcade System" (the Ulitmate Arcade II) a "normal" size arcade unit? I'm concerned about the internal space of the lower compartment. It's going to need to fit a min-fridge that will hold the 6th barrel keg [fridge dimensions roughly 18.5" x 17.5" x 26.63"] as well as a C02 canister (but I could keep that on the outside of the machine).
2) How easy would it be to add doors to the side of a cabinet? I would need to have a side door big enough to open the fridge door. This worries me. I wouldn't want to cut an extra panel in the side only to cause the whole thing to collapse on me. I don't enjoy wasting money!
3) How awful does an LCD monitor look on an arcade cabinet? Most of the suggestions for monitors call for a curved Tube TV because it makes it look better. I'd like to use an LCD in order to save space. That way I could put the guts of the machine in the top half, and then beer related sections in the bottom half. The more space I can save, and the more separated I can keep the electronics from the liquids, the better.
4) Have any of your friends done something this genius / stupid before? If so, did they document anything that I could browse? I don't mind doing everything blind (first time) but I would love an example to look over before I start making horrible, horrible decisions.
5) I'm still mostly in the planning stages so any general advice is also greatly appreciated.